Friday, June 1, 2018

Life's Journey With God

Jeanette McMillan writes in this poem of a life's journey with God:

My plans were made, I thought my path all
bright and clear,
My heart with songs o'erflowed, the world
seemed full of cheer.
My Lord I wished to serve, to take Him for
my Guide,
To keep so close that I could feel Him by my
side;

And so I traveled on.
But suddenly, in skies so clear and full of
light.
The clouds came thick and fast, the day
seemed changed to night.
Instead of paths so clear and full of things
so sweet,
Rough things, and thorns, and stones seemed
all about my feet,
I scarce could travel on,

I bowed my head and wondered why this
change should come.
And murmured, "Lord, is this because of
aught I've done?
Has not the past been full enough of pain
and care?
Why should my path again be changed to
dark from fair?"
But still I traveled on.

I listened - quiet and still, there came a voice:
"This path is mine, not thine; I made the
choice.
Dear child, this service will be best for thee
and me
If thou wilt simply trust and leave the end
with me."
And so we travel on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment