Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Before Your Boat Sails...

       Turn a moment to Paul's epistle to the Philippians, 4th chapter, 3d verse: "And I entreat thee also, true yoke-fellow, help those women which labored with me in the gospel, with Clement, also, and with my other fellow-laborers whose names are in the book of life." Why, it is not only they themselves who know it, but Paul seemed to know their names are there. He sent them greeting, " whose names are in the book of life." My dear friend, is your name there? It seems to me it is a very sweet thought to think we can have our names there and know it ; that we can send our names on ahead of us, and know it is written in the book of life.

       I had a friend coming back from Europe, some time ago, and she came down with some other Americans from London to Liverpool. On the train down they were talking about the hotel they would stop at. They had got to stay there a day or two before the boat sailed ; and so they all concluded to go to the Northwestern Hotel; but when they reached Liverpool, they found that the hotel was completely tilled, and had been full for days. Every room was taken, and the party started to go out, but this lady did not go with them; and they asked her, ""Why, are you not coming'"' "No," said she; "I am going to stay here." "But how? The hotel is full." "Oh," said she, " I have got a room." " How did you get it?" " I telegraphed on a few days ago for one." Yes; she had alone taken pains to telegraph her name on ahead, and had thus secured her room. That is just what God wants you to do. Send your name on ahead. Have your mansion ready for you when you come to die. D. L. Moody

No comments:

Post a Comment